InspirED visual arts delivery is led by Somerset Art Works (SAW) – the only countywide agency which is together with Reveal partners dedicated to developing the visual arts and craft. SAW’s InspirED offer includes
- Opportunities for collective participation.
- Creative opportunities to support the curriculum.
- Opportunities for personal progression routes.
Forthcoming event: Somerset Art Weeks runs from 21 September to 06 October 2013
There are many ways for schools to get involved and discover opportunities for inspiring creativity and learning outside the classroom. To help schools obtain maximum benefit from the event Somerset Art Works (SAW) has put together an Art Weeks Education Pack. The pack was developed with Spaeda, Somerset’s Arts Education Agency, and is part of the InspirED offer to Somerset schools.
Visiting exhibitions and events during Somerset Art Weeks offers schools the opportunity to:
• Generate enthusiasm and interest in the arts
• Experience high quality arts activities and opportunities for practical workshops
• Demonstrate the range of artists’ talent in the county
• Provide insight into artists’ work with opportunities to ask the artists questions first-hand
• Raise expectations in the arts and encourage young people to see the arts as a career or leisure choice
• Provide opportunities for establishing sustainable partnerships with local artists
The pack includes essential information including:
• Homework and activity sheet templates for students in Key Stages 1 to 5
• A list of Art Weeks Venues suitable for school visits
• Practical information to assist in the organisation of venue visits, tours, workshops and preparing risk assessments